Basetrac Duo-C is a composite material - geogrid plus nonwoven. The geogrid is being manufactured from polypropylene, polyester or polyvinylalcohol coated with a polymer. Basetrac Duo-C offers a standard biaxial tensile strength up to 65 kN/m. Higher tensile strength can be produced on request. The composite combines the functions of reinforcement, separation and filteration.
Ideal for very soft soils
Basetrac Duo-C is the product of choice for base reinforcement on soils with low bearing capacity. The integral nonwoven separates the high-grade base material from the soft subgrade. Moreover, the large range of product types and the flexible material, which is HUESKER‘s hallmark, allow straightforward, cost-effective installation with no ”memory effect“. Basetrac Duo-C is a composite material – geogrid plus nonwoven – that combines reinforcing and separating functions. This reduces the base material depth requirement while offering reinforcing. The product offers performance quality and reliability in very soft soil conditions.
- Flexible and dimensionally stable geogrid
- No "memory effect"
- High tensile strength in conjunction with low strain
- Suitable for alkaline environments, e.g. in conjunction with cement stabilization or recycled rubble
- High resistance to chemicals and microorganisms in soil, UV radiation and mechanical damage
- High interaction flexibility
- Good interlock due to optimum sizing of geogrid mesh to suit maximum soil particle size
Basetrac is a registered trademark of HUESKER Synthetic GmbH.
Up until February 2017, Basetrac Duo-C products were known as DuoGrid.